Tuesday, June 13, 2006

The reason for my dementia

Ok, ok so I didn't post every day like I thought I was going to be able to, sue me. I've had a really long week which is part of why I didn't post every day but hey, I think I'm getting better. At least I've started posting every week. I really need to do this post thing cause soooo much has gone down since last week.
Where do I begin?
We'll start with the car. I kinda suspected I wasn't getting the loan with West End Motors. They have really good cars, but the guy I was working with the first time is a total doodie head & he actually hung up on Raquita & myself when we called to get some info. They refused to give me the finance info over the phone & when I went to the office to speak to the manager, he took for ever & I didn't end up talking to him at all because I was using Quita's grandmother's car to get down there which I was a little weary bout asking for in the first place. Got the run around for another week & was finally told they couldn't do anything for me. I think by now I'm use to the car dealers saying no by now. It doesn't hurt as much. I was taking it a little personally but I think I'm immune. Immune or totally pessimistic I can't decide which. Anyway, I was talking to my friend Billy & he gave me the number of his friend who works for Nissan. Yeah baby, that's right, Nissan. We all know how the Spoken feels about Nissan. SO I call him & tell him everything wrong with my credit just like I've told everyone else. Just like everyone else he tells me I have to come in to fill out an app. Long story short with this one, I got financed under some contingencies but they haven't found a car in the proper price range that won't cripple me financially especially with the amount of interest I'm gonna be charged. Now I'm just waiting for them to say no.
The money I thought I was going to get from my cousin I didn't get & first the check I got from work since coming back to work was a little depressing. I knew it was going to be small but it included a holiday. However, I forgot that my Nazi job calculates the amount of your holiday pay by the last two checks & gives you a percentage from that. Which normally wouldn't be so bad except & didn't work the last two checks because of my surgery. And you know what I say to that? Curse you Aqua Scum! Not only that but I was counting on working overtime for the next two weeks till the new training class got out but found out today that OT was canceled because management seems to feel we have enough associates on staff to cover the call volume. Again, curse you Aqua Scum! So while I was working my job here like I worked a 2nd part time gig, 6 hours from 8am to 2pm & then working my normal shift from 2:30p till 11p. Sometimes I 'd work till 12:30am if I got a ride by my favorite white lady (his name is Eric, yes I said he) but now when current events being what they are I think I may have to get like a fast food gig or something close till I; 1)get a car of my own and/or 2) get a better job. Moving on...
This past week-end was really interesting. I assisted a couple of friends with a film competition & it was really fun. But let me back up. I have this friend named Enoch, right & he's is this sick DJ. He's great. He's half the reason I can't get out of Legacy at a decent hour, ya know, on top of me not having a car & all. Anyway, last year I had to talk him out of walking off this project he was doing the musical score for because he got mad frustrated with the director. There is this company or something that has this short film competition every year. They give you 48 hours (from 7pm on Friday till 7pm on Sunday) to write, cast, shoot, edit, & score a movie. The film has to be from 4 to 7 minutes long & it HAS to be turned in by 7:30:59 (they are oh SO serious about that time shit). So Noch was on this crew last year & did all this work & they didn't get the film in on time so they couldn't compete in any of the awards. He almost walked off last year, it was crazy. Ok so I wound up at the wrap party when it was over last year & ,met his friend Erin. He was kinda cute, gave REALLY great hugs. Long story short, tried to start a thing,thing didn't work, I thought he was a jerk face, & I ended up working with him on this project this year. Found out he has a girlfriend. I was like YO, he coulda told me that shit a long time ago. It wasn't like I wanted to marry him or anything but just be upfront about your stuff. It's all I'm saying. Moving forward to this year. Noch gave me a call in the beginning of April & asked me to help with the. I thought he wanted me to act but he wanted me to do the admin side of things& I was like, "sure". It's what I do best. Yeeeaahh, how 'bout, the closer it came for the contest to start, the crazier it got. The funny thing is I thought I was prepared for the crazy. When people asked me what it was like I would tell them it's like when hospitals prepare for a 32 car pile up on the freeway, I'm just waiting for the bodies to show up. That's the truest assessment I can give cause that's exactly what it was like. I'll say this, you can only prepare for so much & the rest is up to the universe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home