Saturday, April 15, 2006

Please Pass the Poison, part 1

Hey all, haven't posted for a while sinceI've been working like a Hebrew slave trying to accumulate enough OT at the job to earn some extra money. Also, they redid the firewalls at work so it won't let me go to the blogger site to update my post. A lot's been going on since I last posted & I tend to bounce around a bit so forgive me if I seem to go off on tangents, eventually I'll come back to my thought. Hey, I'm an artist. And how many artist do you know that aren't a tainch bit scatter-brained?
Were to begin? The begining would take far to long so I'll just sum up & go from there. My aunt (father's side) allowed me to move into her house a year ago till I could get back on my feet & arrange some things in my life, for which I will forever be eternally greatful. So I've lived there for a year & because of our very different ways to view life we have constanly butted heads. I'm very passive when it comes to my family & I chalk it up to the 'do as I say & not as I do' lessons I learned as a kid that I can't seem to shake. Every once in a while I will shut down & forget that I'm a grown up when dealing with my family & that's I'm allowed to have my own opinions. So I just end up doing what ever it is that was requested of me with out speaking my mind. Anyway, when I came back to St. Louis this go 'round my biggest concern was not getting in the way of my aunt & younger cousin's (14) daily routines & rituals. I just kinda kept to myself which is what I always do when it comes to my family. Let me stop here for a minute cause I need to fast forward to more recent events so I can tie my day together & you'll understand.
Never to be one of those people who mince words or intentionally drag out the obvious but I'm having surgery on Monday. It's kinda major, no matter how I try to downplay it & I had to do some pre-op bloodwork today. Now, what I have is a series of fibrod tumors on and/or in my uterus. The lagest one, per my doctor is about the size of a 7 mos pregnant fetus. Wel, from what my doctor told me he's going to go in & remove trhe larger tumor becuse it eil be the easiest to remove due to the location. The downside to this is that there is a possibility I may have to have my whole uterus removed. Not an option I'm looking forward to but still trying to be a 'glass is half full' kind of gal. So I get to the hospital, & I'm 3 & a half hours late but I did reschedule for the time I was showing up. Now before I get out of the casr is the parking lot I just get off the phone with this lady saying she wanted me to preregister. Now I'm actually in the hospital & the registration lady says I need to preregistar & I'm like "didn't I just finish a phone call to do this" but I digress. And I'm starting to fall asleep at the computer so I will finish this tomorrow. For those that can, rest well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home